Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Nicky's big milestone

Nicky has been asking since getting home tonight to USE THE POTTY!!!!! First time he sat on it he sat there for 10mins and didn't manage to go but while I was getting dinner ready he said he "had to go" but since I was dumping a pot of hot water I wasn't in a position to run and put him on. Mike finally went over after I called for him, about 2 minutes later, and put him on he actually HELD IT until he put him on the potty and for the first time he went pee-pee on the potty! He is so proud of himself and is really into wanting to use it, I am so happy, I thought for sure he wouldn't be ready for at least another few months to a year since he's had no interest and quite a fear of the potty. His school is doing an awesome job without even knowing it lol he sees all the other big kids using the potty and he wants to be just like them =) Now Nicky has even got Matthew thinking it's cool lol as soon as he seen us making a big deal about Nicky going he started trying to strip his diaper off and wanted to sit on it too lol Looks like we might have an easy time potty training Matthew if he keeps wanting to do exactly like his brother! So far because of wanting to do what they do he uses a spoon/baby fork to eat and drinks from a cup....a CUP....not a sipping cup a big peoples cup! If he's thirsty now and someone has their cup down he'll go over and grab it and take a drink, he's still pretty messy but he will take a cup over the bottle any day. Matthew is progressing so fast because of his brothers and it's amazing to watch him try to grow up faster then we would like lmao He's not going to be our little baby much longer if he keeps this up!

hahaha and of course on the down side I put a knife through my finger today and have to see a plastic surgeon, I've either nicked the nerve or severed it, the doctor at the ER said if it's nicked I will have feeling back in it by the time I see the plastic surgeon next week, if not I will have to have surgery to repair it. BOOO! But OMG I have NEVER seen a finger bleed so bad in my life, it looks like someone was murdered in our place there is blood EVERYWHERE! I felt so ill by the time I got it to stop, every time my blood pulsed through my finger it went shooting two inches high in the air. I lost about as much as I would have if I would have donated blood.....what a waste! But with my hemoglobin extremely low the blood lose has hit me hard, I have the chills and feel faint, the exact same symptoms I had last time I donated blood. This week has really been a horrible one for us, between me knifing myself and our car endlessly breaking down and getting into accidents (City of Toronto snow plow took our mirror off and a guy cut Mike off today and landed him in a snow bank for 45mins lol). I can't wait until some good luck starts rolling our way, if it doesn't soon this is going to be another really really long year!

-Liz

No comments: