Tuesday, July 15, 2008

DENIED!

lol Okay Gerber Life was/is giving out child safety kits but only if you ask for a quote, so I flew through it filling out the info to obtain my quote. I just received my letters in the mail today, Joey (DS1) who is diabetes was denied which I knew he would be, Nicholas (DS2) who of course is my CP boy was also denied, Matthew (DS3) who is PERFECTLY HEALTHY.....DENIED! The last two I don't understand, sure Nicholas has CP but it's spastic diplegia, mainly effects his legs, so what he wont walk normally and may not walk without a walker but does this shorten his life span? NO. Does it effect his ability to get a job? Well maybe, sure he wont walk a rope in the circus and most likely wont win a marathon, but he will grow up and get a job! Maybe it's because he wont be normal cognitively? HELL NO! He is way beyond his age in all aspects there, he's the only 25month old I have met so far that can carry on an adult conversation, count forwards and backwards from 10 and can read some simple sight words. So ummmm let me get this straight he is denied because he can't walk properly? hmmm doesn't sound fair in my books! Then there is Matthew, a perfectly healthy and normal baby, why is he denied? I guess CP is contagious? or is it because instead of having a 3% chance of getting type 1 diabetes he has a 10% greater chance of getting it? yeah that is fair, because he only has a 87% chance of staying healthy he can't be insured lmao so then why is it they don't do a lengthy background check on all children? I mean Joey DID have GL insurance when he was a baby (which I now regret letting go of) but when he was accepted they didn't ask if he had an increased risk of getting cancer, diabetes, heart disease, or anything else. So again why are they denying a perfectly healthy child?

Gerber Life: We insure those who we know will never get sick and need our money!

-Liz

PS: Those child safety kits? We got NONE, turns out they must not deny you to be able to get a freebie so so much for there "ask for a quote and get one" this company really just is a "waste of space".

No comments: