Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hello fellow CP mommy's! lol yes I have finally done it, I have actually started a blog....keeping up with it will be the true test though!

My boys are doing great, Nicholas and Matthew got a little knocked around at the Canada Day party though but believe me that is a LONG story! We did have a blast afterwards and Nicholas got to meet Will Mar (lead guitarist of illScarlet) and got an autographed CD from him =) he was THRILLED! Poor boy was so upset when I made him give it up so he could go to bed, but of course it was the first thing he wanted when he woke up and carried it everywhere today.
Joey had a dental appointment today so we went to the IL's for a bit, I was shocked though because it took the dentist less than 20mins to fill two teeth. After we were done we headed back over to my IL's and sadly, not even 10mins after getting there, we see a huge amount of smoke coming from the next street over and shortly afterwards heard the sirens of the fire trucks and cop cars. We aren't sure exactly how it started but when we got to the end of the street all you could see was a big ball of flames in the one backyard, the guys garage was burnt to the ground and two trees were damaged. THANK GOD it did not spread to any of the houses, his house was about 10' away from it and the neighbors house was about 5' away. We thought for sure it was going to spread but the fire fighters put it out almost as fast as it engulfed the garage, Joey and Nicholas got to wave at the fire trucks as they slowly left the scene. We ended up counting seven fire trucks, two supervisor vans, and eight cruisers which was quite a lot considering the fire wasn't that big but I guess since we've had several small fires turn into 3-4 alarm blazes they weren't taking any chances since the houses are all so close to each other.

Well I better get off Matthew woke up and wants to be fed lol well either that or he really likes my top!

-Liz

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Welcome to the blog world Liz! I'll look forward to more good reading. You definitely had an interesting first post, I hope all your days aren't THAT exciting. ;)